Well folks, it’s that time of year again! Temperature’s rising, kids are out of school and electric meters are spinning like a crazy. For most Floridians, this is the costliest time of year. So, let’s discover 8 major ways you can save money on your monthly utility bill and still have a fun summer with the familiy!
1. It’s always a good idea to have the Heating and Air Conditioning unit serviced and cleaned as it is, obviously, going to be in overdrive over the next few months.
2. Consider what affects the unit’s usage:
- Is my home properly insulated?
- How frequently is the door opening and closing with the children at home all day?
- At what temperature is your thermostat set? 78º is our recommended temperature!
- Is your duct work sealed properly and your windows in good condition?
Having a professional, or an energy expert, visit your home can help you access what is in good working order and what may need a little attention.
4. Make sure the thermostat setting on your heating element is adjusted to 120º or less.
If you have questions regarding any of the tips we have discussed, contact your energy experts at Florida Public Utilities. We would be more than happy to help you save energy and money on your monthly utility bill this summer!
Find out how to save on energy bills with the right insulation!